Popular Posts

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Guyana Day- Atlanta, GA 2011

The 2011 memorial day weekend was indeed a memorable time for me. Traveling to Atlanta, GA with my wife and two sisters, I meet my youngest brother who travelled from Toronto and my youngest sister who travelled from Virginia.
My eldest brother, his wife and family were the perfect hosts. Arriving on Wednesday May 25th we were taken to several famous sites, including the Monastery and the birth and burial sites of Martin Luther King.
Taking part in the Guyana Day Celebrations and twice meeting Brig. General David Granger, the PNCR candidate for president of Guyana and presenting him with a copy of my book "A Time In Our History: Berbice Cricket 1939 to 2010, was truly special.
In addition I was able to promote and sell several copies. Of course you may obtain your copy online at http://www.lulu.com/ and type in Mortimer George.

No comments:

Post a Comment